- Initial consultations last between 60 and 120 minutes depending upon the complexity of your condition. Follow up treatments generally last about 60-75 minutes.
- Eating within a four hour window prior to treatment is advised.
- It is best to schedule appointments for massage, chiropractic services or physical therapy on a different day from acupuncture. If scheduling the same day is unavoidable your acupuncture treatment is best scheduled last, unless otherwise instructed.
- Avoid heavy exercise in the few hours following your acupuncture treatment.
- Acupuncture treatments have a cumulative effect, therefore it is generally recommended to schedule treatments closer together early in a treatment cycle if possible.
- The number of acupuncture treatments required depends on the duration of the disease or the extent of time the problem has remained untreated. For example, an acute muscle strain may feel 90% better after just one or two treatments. An on-going illness may require many treatments, along with the administration of herbal medicine, dietary changes, exercise adjustment, etc., before the desired outcome is achieved.
- We do not bill insurance directly, but we can provide the paperwork needed for you to submit a claim to your insurance company. Insurance coverage varies greatly from company to company. Please check with your insurance carrier to verify your specific coverage.